Thursday 7 May 2015

The Power of Habit - Charles Duhigg

What have I been reading ? : The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg


51Etm629JiL._SL300_


Have I heard about this somewhere ? :  "Everywhere"


A Crisp Note:  A cue, A routine and A reward.And baaam.... there our lives fail or succeed!!!



In a little detail :


I choose to read the Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg on the month of April.Well,it was a wise decision.The book offered a great insight in to the making of habits and how some of them stays with us always.


Habits are those small routines  which we follow mostly unknowingly to ourselves.Some of them help us to be us but most of them tend to put us in loops of unwanted urges and results.Like for instance,I could relate to one of my habit of eating something sweet right after my meal which negates totally the purpose of having a healthy meal :(.I would not have noticed this but for the book.The cue was the finishing of meal,Routine was reaching for something sweet and eating it and the reward was baam..happy me.


I started to notice the small routines i follow which kind of sabbotage my long term goals.Well,I am in the process of changing these small unknown habits in my life so that I can reach me goals better and faster :)


Happy Reading to All :)

No comments:

Post a Comment