Wednesday 25 May 2016

An Epiphany..!.

Unbearable is the pain,
when you simply walk away
I stand here all alone...
yearning for you to come back
But I know you are now, just,
a beautiful piece of memory
I wish I had never met you,
only to build memories
The ones that can never,
ever be thought without crushing pain
As I realize you have gone too far,
I understand,I have nothing to hold on
Neither your shoulder to lean on,
nor your hands to hide my tears
I lost my life, virtues, and thoughts,
just to gain some moments very deep
I cherish them with you ,but
its remembrance now is but a heartache
Alone while standing in the rain,I shed,
the tears of my pain
I try to reason, in my head, Why me ?
and search for an unknown answer
While all the time I knew, at my heart
some things are just bound to be...

Note : A heartbreak!

7 comments:

  1. "you are now, just, a beautiful piece of memory" is my favorite line. I was a little confused in the last few lines. Is the line "some things are just bound to be" not supposed to answer the question "Why me?"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Nate - that was my favorite line, too. I like the distinction of "piece of memory" instead of just "memory."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the back and forth, the conflict swirling in the speaker's head--
    "yearning for you to come back" vs. "I wish I had never met you"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading,Jennifer..Its that sort of thing where we don't know for sure what/why/how things have escalated !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A whole lot of pieces of memories,not knowing how it got shattered! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea,Nate that precisely answers the question but then no one wants to accept such an answer :)

    ReplyDelete