Sunday 7 August 2016

Promise

A promise to never to be anxious about my future and sad about my past.

A promise to realize that I too can win hearts and accolades

A promise to never to subdue my needs and wishes

A promise to never heed an ear to others who say,I can't

A promise to finally listen to my spirit,that leads my way

A promise to my child to help her find her way and not walk on it

A promise to my loved one to never be a wall on their way to their dreams

A promise to myself to not ignore my strength,you see I am no longer that elephant tied with mere rope to the tree :)

 

Note : This prompt had really made me sit and think about the fake promises I keep telling myself and never fulfilling them.I always  end up dejected and never really have the strength to keep going.Today is a new day and I promise to keep it that way!

 

Day 7 of barathon

5 comments:

  1. So many promises are made and each one is broken. Would be good to make fewer promises and to see them through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True !! All these promises are to be kept but for me, the most important one is the realization that I have a choice to keep the promises I make and it kind of defines me as well :)

    ReplyDelete