Thursday 11 February 2016

Love is...!!

Love is...when your husband,who has never entered a kitchen,except to eat,storms in there and cooks up a delicious dinner only to surprise you!! :D

Ours was an arranged marriage and it took my husband only about 30 mins of chat with me to say “Yesss!!!”. I,on the other hand was utterly confused and tensed if the decision was made in a haste .The only thing I was able to notice then,in my future-husband was his smile,which was beaming straight from heart,or so I felt.I am a very introvert person while my hubs is totally outgoing ,talkative,fun loving guy.And slowly he made me realise that he is the perfect partner for me.It took us 3 months after marriage to be together under the same roof.It was then, we found our love!

Setting up our new home and the start the new life,learning the likes and dislikes of each other,learning the small nuances of life together,buying things for home,or for kitchen,everything was a different and sometimes difficult.But,when ever I look at him,there he would be present with that smile and the solution to almost all my problems.The ease with which he made me slip to our life was something I can never understand.He too was in a new place,new state but he managed everything or was it his smile,that helped me relax ? I don’t know for sure!!

We both work in the IT sector and it was so difficult to reach home on time to cook the dinner.Almost every other day,I crib in my sleep about the traffic,dinner making and dish washing process.I was tired and just wanted a break.

And one day,I was very late and was hurrying to reach home,I was so surprised to see my hubby there.He had come in early.“Oops”,I was thinking what will I cook up something quick ? He used to be late every other day and today he had to come early ? Sigh!!

I told him that I will cook up something very quick and without even changing my clothes,I rushed to the kitchen,only to see a chaotic,messed up,war-zoned kitchen.I could see almost all the dishes,plates out of the cupboard.All the vegetables,dal,masalas, out of their boxes or the fridge.And even more soiled plates.I was aghast!!

And as I turned ,I saw my handsome husband,with his trademark smile,was all ready with an elaborate dinner of palak paneer, vegetable thoran, muringa-dal curry ,rice, chapati, omelette for us :D.I vent out such a huge sigh filled with laughter,both by the relief of not having to make dinner and being able to gorge on such a elaborate dinner.The tiredness vanished from my face and there I was laughing out so loud along with my husband,while all my thoughts were about him.He had noticed my cribbing,my tiredness,and came home early only to surprise me with a tasty dinner.And,yes,I cleaned up the kitchen while he washed the dishes.This event bring me tears of happiness every time I think about it.

And I realised I have such a perfect gem with me and I am glad,he said "Yess...."!!

“This post is a part of #LoveAndLaughter activity at BlogAdda in association with Caratlane.”

https://youtu.be/ya3Z1AC1CHA

 

6 comments:

  1. That was so thoughtful of your husband ! This will keep you going when ever you feel even slightly down in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...those things you do for your partner,without even they asking,I believe that defines who you are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that really was amazing! You hit the jackpot, miss! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, indeed you are lucky to have him. Such surprises are great. This actually shows how much we care for each other when we find time for a priceless smile on our partner's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Lifeisagift ",Thanks for your comments.Yes,I am lucky to have "R" as my life partner!! :D

    ReplyDelete