Tuesday 17 November 2015

One more time...

Began,that yesteryear day


To an alarm that didn't ring on time


To a broken heater and then a cold shower


To burnt breakfast and cold tea


 To dive into a sweaty jam packed bus


To being late for the stand up call


To the broken coffee machine


To that code which refused to run


To the forgotten wallet


To the empty grumbling stomach


To the sudden evening rain


To the added rain-o-traffic madness


To a messy home with no power


To the unclean kitchen


To piles of dirty clothes 


To the chair,I collapse tiredly


To close my eyes,I try


And then,suddenly,you came,



To pull me and then mumble a silent "mma"


From amongst the other days!


Its this day,for the first time


When you called me,"Amma"


I'd relive that day,for the rest for my life :)



In response to The Daily Post's writing prompt: "One More Time"


5 comments:

  1. This is -AWESOME- :) Loved the ending <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im humbled!! Thanks for reading Darshith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely how you put together your thoughts into a poem. I doubt if I'd be able to pull it off.

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee..I am glad that I was able to convey my thoughts!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete